Many people face the question when they decide to cook dumplings at home, i.e., How to steam dumplings in a microwave?
Some people even ask, can I cook dumplings in a microwave.
Yes, you can cook dumplings in a microwave. It is a fast and convenient way to make dumplings for those who don’t want to go to a restaurant to eat.
I mostly cook the frozen dumplings at home in my microwave.
If you are among those who don’t know how to steam cook dumplings properly, then you have come to the right page.
Steaming dumplings in the microwave can be a bit tricky, but you’ll get the optimal and delicious result if you follow the steps. Here you will learn how to cook dumplings in a microwave alongside a detailed guide on how long to microwave dumplings.
Steps for Steaming fresh Dumplings in a Microwave –
In a hurry, then here you go –
- Put dumplings in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add hot water to the bowl to cover the dumplings.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the microwave.
- Microwave for about 6-7 minutes
You should understand that steaming dumplings can sometimes be an overwhelming task if you don’t pay attention.
1. Add boiling water to a base container filled with dumplings
The first and foremost step is to add boiling water to a base container, don’t go for cold water because it can break the dumplings while steaming. Fill the water in the container or microwave-safe bowl till half portion of the dumplings sunk in the water.
2. Place steaming Colander on top
Take the Colander and place it on top (above the base container) to let the steam pass from it to the dumplings you want to cook.
3. Line it with baking paper
The interesting part is that people often miss and get their dumplings to stick to the bottom, i.e., add baking paper on top of it. If in case you don’t have the baking paper, you could also use to oil on to the surface.
Also Read: Microwave spam
4. Add frozen dumpling to the streamer
Now add the frozen dumplings to the streamer, and make sure there is some gap in between so they won’t stick together when cooked.
5. Cover the steamer with a lid
Now cover the streamer with a lid. Be sure that the lid is closed correctly; else, there is a chance of unexpected water spilling.
6. Microwave on high for 7-8 minutes or until cooked
Now microwave the container or microwave-safe bowl filled with water and dumplings on high for about 7-8 minutes or until you think they are adequately cooked.
Also Check: Is it safe to use a microwave after a fire
How to Steam Frozen Dumplings in Microwave
What’s more comforting than having a quick dinner of frozen dumplings steamed nice and warm and served with sauce, right!. However, sometimes steaming frozen dumplings don’t go well. Below are the mentioned steps by which you can have a perfect steamed frozen dumpling.
Steps for Steaming frozen Dumplings in a Microwave-
- The first step is to add boiling water to a base container or bowl filled with dumplings.
- Next, cover the bowl, put it in the microwave, and start the microwave.
- Ensure that the microwave is on high for 5 to 6 minutes, depending on your microwave wattage.
- After 5 to 6 minutes, you will hear a beep, and this is when you can open up and grab few dumplings and taste them for doneness.
- If not done, you can continue to microwave for a further 30 seconds to 1 minute, depending on your liking.
- Turn off the microwave and take the container or bowl out.
- Enjoy your soft and delicious dumplings.
- You can also add a pinch of salt while microwaving for enhanced flavors when you taste them and add additional herbs/spices affording to your taste.
Also Read: Easy ways to clean a Stained Microwave
Here is how to reheat soup dumplings in a microwave?
Got some soup dumplings?
If you’ve already prepared the soup dumplings, then what else could be better than having them as a dinner by reheating the dumplings in the microwave.
So let’s take a look at how you will do that with these simple steps.
Steps to cook frozen dumplings in the microwave –
1. Put them in a microwave-safe bowl or plate after applying a layer of water to avoid any dry edges while reheating. Then place the container inside the microwave.
2. Put your microwave on defrost mode and defrost the soup dumplings for about 2-3 minutes.
3. Now, if your microwave offers an auto reheat ( sensor reheat ), then use it to reheat the dumplings; if not, then manually reheat them over low heat till you find them adequately reheated.
4. Serve with mustard or sprinkled with some sesame oil to dip in it!
Find Out: Can you put stuff on top of micorwave
In this post, I’ve covered all about steaming dumplings in a microwave alongside cooking frozen dumplings in a microwave.
So I hope now you will be able to enjoy the delicious soup dumplings at home without visiting any Chinese restaurants.